Thursday, March 10, 2011

The cantata has officialy been started

So I finished my first song for the cantata yesterday. It is a song that talks about what Mary Magdalene felt when she found the Saviors body gone from the tomb and then when she sees the Savior in the garden. It is written as a soprano solo and  I am really excited about it. When I get the final copy all done, I will post it to my site. It always takes me a while to get it looking exactly the way I want it to look. I can't wait to get started on the next song.....don't know what it will be yet, but I have an idea of how I want the cantata to go, so I will get working on the next song in the next few days.

Another project that I just finished today is a song for my daughter. I have always liked the idea that Sally DeFord had to write all of her kids a song when they were baptized. Sally always has the best ideas, doesn't she? Anyways, I wrote a song today called I Want to Be With My Savior Again. My daughter turns 8 in May. This is our first 8 year old (I can't believe how old I am getting!!). We are so excited for her to be baptized, and I am so proud of her for making this decision. She talks about it all of the time and can hardly wait. This song talks about all we need to do in this life to be able to return to live with our Savior again. The reason why I thought it would be a good song for her, is that she has always been so incredibly obedient. We have never had to worry about her, she always does exactly what she is supposed to do. She really keeps us on our toes. I know that she will always do what she needs to do in order to live with her Savior again. Thanks Abby!! You are the best. I am going to have her learn it, then have her sing and record it to put on the site. She is excited about this. Her big debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment