Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Easter

I really love the music that goes along with Easter. I love how it focuses on our Savior and the incredible sacrifice he made for all mankind. I wrote an arrangement a few weeks ago that my ward choir is going to sing for Easter. It is an arrangement of the hymn, "How Great the Wisdom and the Love". I added one more verse at the end with words taken from the hymn "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". I really hope this helps people feel of the importance of the Savior in their lives.

I am also really grateful to have a ward choir that will humor me and let me use them as guinea pigs. They are always the first ones to try out a lot of my arrangements, and then let me make changes before putting them on my site. Thanks guys!!

So my latest project idea is to write an Easter cantata. I grew up in Sally DeFords ward (which is still the same ward when I go home to visit the fam), and I always remember every year looking forward to Sally's cantatas. I had the privilege of playing the piano for some of them. She is truly amazing, and it is such an honor knowing her. Anyways....I was just talking to my mom the other day about how she has been going to cantata practices with Sally, and the idea came to me that I would love for my stake to be able to do something like this. So, I have no idea if the stake is going to do it, but I have started writing a cantata for next Easter in hopes that someone will be able to use it. If anything, I have been learning so much as I have been focusing on reading Jesus the Christ by Talmage, and the scriptures. My life has truly been blessed already with a new understanding of what my Savior did for me, and the feelings of those people that were closest to Him. This has definitely been keeping me busy.

I will keep you posted on how it is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment